Facelifted BMW 5 Series, M5 Get Wide Range Of M Performance Parts
Munich. Along with the market launch of the new BMW 5 Series, the BMW M5 (combined fuel consumption: 10.6 – 10.5 l / 100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 242-239 g / km *) and the BMW M5 Competition (combined fuel consumption: 10.6 – 10.5 l / 100 km; CO combined2 emissions: 242-239 g / km *), BMW is also offering a full range of BMW M Performance parts for new models in July 2020. The accessories, which have been developed using the extensive know-how of the BMW M GmbH, provide additional sporting accents in terms of design, driving dynamics and performance and reinforce the particularly sporty character of the BMW M5 and the High performance BMW M5 Competition. sedans even further. All components are aligned in the best tradition with the specific character of each model and, in addition to the sporty appearance, also meet the functional requirements for lightweight construction and aerodynamics. Most M Performance parts for the BMW 5 Series will be available immediately after the new models are launched on the market.
High quality carbon exterior parts.
Numerous BMW M Performance parts made from high-quality carbon make BMW’s motorsport DNA permanently visible in the BMW 5 Series, even off the racetrack. The M Performance front binding on both sides and the M Performance front splitter made of high-quality material provide a sporty look at the front. In addition to a variant of the grille surround in gloss black, the M Performance grille is also available in a carbon version. Likewise, the M Performance exterior mirror caps, the M Performance air breather in the front fenders and the M Performance rocker panel mounts are made from this high-quality material. Both the M Performance Carbon rear spoiler and the M Performance Pro Carbon rear spoiler are available for sedans, with the M Performance carbon rear diffuser providing a sporty looking rear.
M Performance steering wheel and carbon parts for the interior.
The M Performance steering wheel creates a particularly intense bond between driver and vehicle. With its distinctively shaped Alcantara recesses, large thumb rests and special lining, it guarantees maximum grip and a direct steering feel at all times. With the Alcantara, the hand-sewn silver-gray cross stitch and the red 12 o’clock marking create a real motorsport atmosphere. As an alternative to the standard leather-covered steering wheel trim, M Performance steering wheel trim in carbon / leather or carbon / Alcantara is also available as an option. The M Performance Pro steering wheel available exclusively for the BMW M5 and BMW M5 Competition is fitted with a gloss polished carbon and Alcantara trim and the lower clasp bears the M Performance lettering. The 12 o’clock marking is finished in Motorsport Blue, the decorative tricolor stitching in the BMW M colors. M Performance carbon shift paddles are also available for all other steering wheels. M Performance carbon shift linings are exclusive to the BMW M5 and BMW M5 Competition.
M Performance sport suspension for M5 models.
The outstanding driving dynamics of the BMW M5 and BMW M5 Competition can be further enhanced with the M Performance sports suspension without changing the shock absorber settings. The coilover suspension allows the vehicle to be lowered by 5 to 20 millimeters, resulting in a lower center of gravity, less tendency to roll and higher cornering speeds. The optional M Performance sport braking system guarantees corresponding deceleration values under maximum load. 20-inch M Performance forged Y-spoke rims and a matte 863 M Ferric Gray finish are also available exclusively for both M5 models. These are made using a sophisticated forging and milling process, featuring unique and patented three-dimensional spoke geometry, milled M Performance lettering as well as a colorful M logo. The openings in the spokes reduce the build-up of air in the wheel, so less horsepower is needed to reduce turbulence at high speeds. Further light alloy rims including the 20-inch M Performance forged wheels in a two-tone 732 M multi-spoke design are available for the 5 Series vehicles. In addition, the M Performance parts line includes exhaust systems for diesel engines.
M Performance also outside the vehicle.
Thanks to special accessories, BMW 5 owners can also display their sporty style on the exterior of the car. The M Performance Alcantara / Carbon key case is also made from high quality materials known to racing and serves as a daily product and eye-catcher. The M Performance tire bag with the characteristic M design is recommended for storing and transporting an additional set of wheels. In addition, the custom-made breathable and machine-washable M Performance interior car cover with a soft, paint-protective interior as well as printed design elements such as the BMW grille and a large ‘M’ on the roof are available for purchase. both M 5 models.
BMW M Performance parts for the BMW 5 Series, BMW M5 and Competition M5:
- M Performance carbon front hitch left / right
- M Performance carbon front splitter
- M Performance decorative grille in carbon or gloss black
- M Performance Air Breather carbon left / right
- M Performance carbon exterior mirror cap left / right
- Left / right M Performance carbon rocker panel mounting
- M Performance accent strip black / silver (not for M5 / M5 Competition)
- M5 / M5 Competition exclusively: M Performance foiled motorsport stripes
- M Performance side sill films left / right
- Gloss black M Performance rear bumper trim
- M Performance carbon rear diffuser
- M Performance rear diffuser matt black
- M Performance Pro Carbon rear spoiler (for sedan only)
- M Performance carbon rear spoiler (for saloon only)
- M Performance rear spoiler matt black (for saloon only)
- M Performance carbon tailpipes (some models)
- Chrome M Performance tailpipes (selected models)
- M Performance carbon tank cap
- M Performance steering wheel
- M Performance carbon / Alcantara or carbon / leather steering wheel trim
- M Performance carbon shift paddles
- M5 / M5 Competition exclusively: M Performance Pro steering wheel
- M5 / M5 Competition exclusively: M Performance carbon gear selector trim
- M Performance stainless steel pedals and footrest
- M Performance floor mats
Driving, driving dynamics and wheels:
- M Performance brake system 19 “
- M5 / M5 Competition exclusively: M Performance sport brake pads
- M5 / M5 Competition exclusively: M Performance sport suspension
- M Performance exhaust system for diesel (not for M5 / M5 Competition)
- M5 / M5 Competition exclusively: M Performance carbon bonnet upgrade kit
- 19 “M Performance Double Spoke 786 M Jet Black matt forged rims, full set of summer and winter wheels (not for M5 / M5 Competition)
- 20 “M Performance Double Spoke Forged Rim 669 M Bicolour (Matte Jet Black, Bright Milled), Full Summer Wheel Set (not for M5 / M5 Competition)
- 20 “M Performance Double Spoke Forged Rims 669 M Orbit Gray, Complete Summer Wheel Set (not for M5 / M5 Competition)
- 20 “M Performance for 732 M Bicolour Multi Spoke Wheels (Jet Black, Bright Milled), Complete Summer Wheel Set (not for M5 / M5 Competition)
- M5 / M5 Competition exclusively: M Performance 20 “Y-spoke forged rim 863 M Ferric gray matt, full summer wheel set
- M Performance Alcantara / carbon key case
- M Performance tire bag
- M5 / M5 Competition exclusive: M Performance indoor car cover